The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex has a population over 7 million, making it the most populous metropolitan area in Texas. The DFW area encompasses more than 9,200 square miles of total area, making it the largest inland metropolitan area in the United States.
The DFW area offers visitors everything from smaller communities full of charm and hidden treasures, to big city areas loaded with excitement and trendy destinations. Here, you'll uncover unique finds and fantastic sights at every turn. Enjoy the many world-class museums, shopping venues, sporting events, live entertainment, amusement parks, and a rich and celebrated history.
Here's some fun facts about the Dallas- Fort Worth Metroplex that can appeal to all!
1. The first frozen margarita machine was invented on May 11, 1971 by a Dallas restaurateur.
2. Fort Worth's historic Stockyards Hotel was a hideout for Dallas natives and outlaws Bonnie & Clyde.
3. Before "Big Tex" came to Dallas’ State Fair of Texas as the official greeter and icon in 1952, he had a different job and message … as Santa!
4. The integrated circuit computer chip (known as the microchip today) was invented by Dallasite Jack Kilby in 1958.
5. Sixty percent of America's paper bills are printed in Fort Worth.
6. The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
7. The USS. Fort Worth is one helluva sleek warship.
8. We all know about the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards... but did you know it's the only location in the world that hosts twice-daily cattle drives?
9. American Football League Founder Lamar Hunt was a Dallas resident when he coined the phrase 'Super Bowl."
10. The last public speech made by President John F. Kennedy was in Fort Worth.
11. The annual Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo is the oldest in the nation.
12. The largest permanent model train exhibit in the country is in Dallas.
13. The Dallas Galleria Mall boasts of the country's tallest indoor Christmas tree.
14. The first convenience store, 7-Eleven, was founded in Dallas in 1927.
15. The Dallas area is home to 21 Fortune 500 companies including Exxon Mobil, JC Penney, AT&T, Texas Instruments, and others.
DFW Metroplex Properties
About the Neighborhood
- DFW Metroplex
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by ATTOM Data Solutions and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.